Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mrs. Feit


I hope we all had one of those teachers in school, one of the ones who had huge lasting impacts on us in one way or another. One of those ones years later you always wished you could have the chance to say Thank you and to tell them how much they meant and how big of an impact they had on you. Well, three years ago, I had that chance. and I totally did it! Mine was Mrs Feit. aside from being an amazing teacher back then, Mrs Feit, now of course, she also goes by her first name Marilyn:) Her relationships with her kids and the passion she had for what she did went beyond that of teacher and student, she was a mentor, a patient guide, someone anyone could turn to and for several of us she was someone who had a profound impact on our lives themselves - she gave us help when we needed it most - in life, not in the classroom. 

For me, in those years, the crap at home with my mother was big, bad, and way overwhelming - at one point, Mrs Feit drove me home and I opened up to her about how cruddy things were - and to this day I remember, I had just gotten out and I was standing on the little porch of the house and she by this point was standing up by the drivers side of the gold colored Honda hatch back she had and she asked me if I needed help, needed to talk to someone/people. I didn't know it at the time but I was reaching out for that help and at the second that asking happened - she was there, she saw it and because of that she got the ball rolling... which was the beginning steps to me getting the help I needed to begin to deal with the issues surrounding everything that was going on. 

Three years ago, I got to say thank you for all of that - Today, we met again, with her friend Roz, at the museum, and this time, I gave her a lot of contact info so this time we would be able to keep in contact! I snapped a quick phone photo... and now she's my facebook friend and I'll be able to keep in contact!!! hot damn! that's freaking great!!!!!!!!! the other realization that came with it today - it's also been 20 years since I was in her class!!!:) HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! 

Mrs Feit you changed my world and helped save me! Forever, Thank you! 

have a great everything!!!!!!!!! byeme, Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment